30th May 2019
Greater Anglia will be running extra trains and additional carriages tonight to help passengers attending the Take That concert at Carrow Road.
Passengers are warned that large queues are likely and the trains will be very busy due to the anticipated numbers travelling to the venue. Passengers should allow more time for journeys and buy tickets in advance or via the Greater Anglia app in order to reduce waiting times. Those in groups of three or more can also save money using Groupsave.
As well as these additional trains, the last train times have also been revised to tie-in with the end of the concert. They are as follows:
- 2250 Norwich to Lowestoft (retimed from 2240) Calling at Brundall, Cantley, Reedham, Haddiscoe, Somerleyton, Oulton Broad South and Lowestoft
- 2252 Norwich to Cambridge (retimed from 2240) Calling at Wymondham, Attleborough, Thetford, Brandon, Ely, Cambridge North and Cambridge
- 2305 Norwich to Sheringham (retimed from 2245) calling all stations
- 2310 Norwich to Great Yarmouth (retimed from 2300) Calling at Brundall, Lingwood, Acle and Great Yarmouth
- 2305 Norwich to Ipswich Calling at Diss, Stowmarket and Ipswich
James Reeve, Greater Anglia’s Area Customer Service Manager, said:
“We’ve increased the frequency and length of trains where possible and practical, however we are still expecting services to be very busy. We will do as much as we can to help people travel and there will also be extra staff on hand to provide help and information.”
Author: Darren Porter
Image: Take That