High-speed Chinese rail services were first introduced in 2007 and operated with existing CRH (China Railways) rolling stock running on existing lines which had been upgraded for speeds of up to 250 km/h (160 mph) and on newer dedicated high-speed track rated up to 350 km/h (220 mph).
The CRH380D is the newest generation of Chinese high speed train, capable of running at 380km/h and one of the fastest production trains in the world. In service with China Railways these trains have been designated as CRH380D (8-car set) & CRH380DL (16-car set) using the new numbering system.
In September 2009, Bombardier announced an order for eighty Zefiro 380 high-speed trains by the Chinese Ministry of Railways (MOR) to be produced at Bombardier's joint venture Sifang (Qingdao) Transportation Ltd.
The CRH380D uses state-of-the-art flat-screen glass panels to display train information as well as the route speed and signal data from suitably equipped routes. It can be driven manually or by using the on-board computers which mean you need to do little more than adjust the cruise control to comply with the speed limits between your departure and destination stations.
The CRH380D has been developed for and interacts with the speed and signalling system included in the Chengdu – Suining High Speed Route, also available on Steam.
The CRH380D developed by Just Trains is also Quick Drive compatible, giving you the freedom to drive the CRH380D on any Quick Drive enabled route for Train Simulator, such as those available through Steam.
- Highly detailed models
- Authentic custom sounds
- Detailed passenger view
- Detailed state-of-the-art driver's cab
- Adjustable Cruise Control
- Flat screen in-cab displays that show next signal aspect, distance to next signal, next speed limit and distance to it on suitably equipped routes, along with information about acceleration and deceleration forces to allow greater customer comfort, cruise control speed set, brake pressures, door status, pantograph operation and much more
- Operational speed monitor
- Audible alerts for driver vigilance, overspeed and more
- Realistic and definable train service number display on the exterior of the cars set from the drivers cab
- Red flashing tail light as per the real train
- Light lens flare effects
- Rain effects on windscreen and carriage windows
- Quick Drive enabled
- 4 scenarios for the Chengdu – Suining High Speed route, also available on Steam