Ever flown into an airport with a Wind Farm (two 152ft turbines) 30 metres from the runway edge?
Caernarfon Airport (EGCK) is located in the heart of Snowdonia, Wales, with Mount Snowdon (3,650ft) just a few minutes away by air. It lies 4.6 miles (7.4km or 4 NM) southwest of the town of Caernarfon in Gwynedd, Wales and has a CAA Ordinary Licence for passenger public transport and flying instruction. Historically, it was established in 1941 as RAF Llandwrog and was the largest airfield in Wales throughout WWII.
The SIM720 Caernarfon Airport download has been created as a replica of the real world site. It features high quality bespoke models, custom photo-real textures and hand placement of buildings. The Caernarfon Airport buildings have each been faithfully recreated, including the Aviation Museum visitor centre and shop, the café, wind turbines and the hangars.
The package includes many additional ambient features that greatly add to the experience of pilots using the airport. An extensive library of airport clutter has been created and placed around the airport, including items such as luggage, refuelling rigs, outdoor seating and more. In addition custom made static aircraft are included that give the airport an authentic working feel.
The Caernarfon Airport download has been designed to be highly compatible and it includes photoreal blending with Default, Orbx and Horizon.
- Photo-real layout and textures (25cm resolution within airport boundaries and 60cm resolution outside the boundaries)
- High-resolution ground polygon
- Hand placed hi-res buildings within airport boundaries
- Extensive library of airport clutter
- Accurate taxiway lanes
- Custom made static aircraft
- Custom night-lighting and improved runway lights
- 3D grass
- Compatible with Default, Orbx and Horizon