Convair's ™ superb F-106 Delta Dart ™ is regarded by those close to it as the best all-weather interceptor ever designed. It was created as an outgrowth of the USAF's interceptor program in 1954. The aircraft used a delta wing design, common at the time because of its immunity to many of the problems experienced by conventional wings at supersonic speeds. In December, 1959 the aircraft set a world speed record of Mach 2.31 (1,526 mph) at 40,500 feet. It was equipped with advanced Hughes fire-control systems and could be controlled from the ground to some extent. The aircraft remained in service for 28 years, ultimately being replaced by the F-15 ™in 1981 but serving with the Air National Guard until 1988. The last unmanned Delta Dart ™ drone was destroyed in 1998.
- Includes both single seater and 2-seater versions
- Authentic virtual cockpit with animations and mousable controls
- Working radar system, capable of tracking unlimited targets and providing ID, aircraft type, heading and altitude. Several range settings and dimmer provided, available n v-c and on 2D panel as icon pop-up panel
- Animated extendable missile racks in bomb bay with 4 x AIM-4G Falcons
- Animated extendable drag chute, works on F2 reverse thrust or clickable handle in v-c
- Aauthentic all-xml 2D panel, hi-res glazed-effect gauges, custom pop-ups for autopilot, electrical systems and radios, fully mousable
- Detailed checklist and accurate flight model
- Custom effects for turbine glow (3-stage), smoke (startup & in-flight), wingtip contrails and wing surface vapour 'flash'
- High quality soundset included
- Togglable realistic pilot figures
- Animated canopy, tailhook, speedbrakes, bomb bay doors