Located in the Mojave Desert in California, the dry climate, palm trees and sand as far as the eye can see characterize Twentynine Palms Airport and the surrounding area. Originally opened as a US Army Air Force base in 1942, the facility is now a public airport with two paved runways at an elevation of 1,888 feet.
Twentynine Palms Airport for FSX: Steam Edition features a wealth of detail, including animated people and numerous custom scenery models exclusively designed for this scenery. The pack also includes a configuration tool allowing users to optimise the scenery for their own system requirements. Covering over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery, Twentynine Palms provides a large environment to explore.
- Highly detailed rendition of Twentynine Palms Airport (KTNP), California
- Complete coverage of over 250km² with high resolution satellite imagery (0.25-0.6m/px)
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground
- 3D-night lighting
- High resolution day and night textures (2048px²)
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground
- Complex terrain mesh
- Over 100,000 hand-placed and custom made vegetation objects
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Animated 3D people, road traffic, eagle
- Sound effects (eagle, car traffic)
- Numerous custom made static objects and aircraft around the airport
- Scenery configurator for performance optimisation