Experience a unique taste of historic Frankfurt by diving into two distinct lines of the network, the S5 and the S6.
The foundations for a modern rapid transit system through the centre of Frankfurt am Main, and beyond into the outer Rhine-Main region, were set in the late 1960s. Throughout the decade, planners had devised a new tunnel to be burrowed under Frankfurt, connecting the main station with a key commuter destination further into the city.
The new tunnel was connected to various regional lines in the area, giving them all an inner-city connection from 1978 onwards. This was later extended, and the lines along with it, to make what is today a huge network sprawling outwards in all directions.
Two lines in particular, the S5 and S6 lines, serve as important interchange lines between the Taunus Railway and the Main–Weser Railway, bringing commuters closer to the heart of the city than main lines ever could. It is these two lines which are present in the Rhine-Main S-Bahn route for Train Simulator.
The S5 and S6 lines are represented in full, covering their shared-track section from Frankfurt Süd to Frankfurt West, including 6 underground stations, before each head for Friedrichsdorf and Friedberg respectively - covering some 60 km of high frequency rail en route.
Both S5 and S6 lines are today operated by the DB BR 423. 100 of these articulated EMUs serve Frankfurt - their lightweight and open design, good acceleration and top speed being suited for the demand of modern, rapid, commuter transportation.
Please note that the DB ICE 2 EMU is also required to play some of the scenarios included with this route.
- 60 km route covering the S5 and S6 Lines of Frankfurt’s Rhein Main S-Bahn network
- 28 stations in total, including bespoke 6 underground stations.
- Key locations such as Frankfurt-am-Main Hbf, as well as the S5 and S6’s Stresemannallee sidings and Außenbahnhof depot
- Authentically recreated DB BR 423 EMU
- 4, 8 or 12-car formations
- Functional train destination display (ZZA)
- Start-up procedure
- Manual or automatic control of the passenger doors
- 6 engaging Career scenarios
- Comprehensive Quick Drive options
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE