The LNER Peppercorn K1 locomotives were built between 1949 and 1950, with the intention of splitting them between the North Eastern and Eastern Regions. Many K1s would regularly be seen as far north as Edinburgh and they were frequently used on the West Highland line in the early days. Many were later allocated to the Eastern Region with a large number going to March, Cambridgeshire. K1's were used throughout the former LNER network and proved to be very versatile, working everything from local coal trains to express passenger services.
The K1’s were withdrawn and scrapped by 1967: however, No. 62005 was used for a short time as an emergency boiler and consequently survived into preservation. It has become very popular on main line rail tours especially on the West Highland Line to Mallaig and has also sported the un-prototypical, but very fetching, LNER Green Lined livery as No. 2005.
- Simple, Standard and Advanced driving modes, with Xbox controller support (SIMPLE AND STANDARD MODES ONLY)
- Peppercorn BR Class K1 Locomotive and Tender in 3 authentic liveries: BR Lined Black (BR lettering and pre and post 1956 logos), BR Lined Black - Worn (BR lettering and pre and post 1956 logos), LNER Green Lined livery (Preservation era)
- All 70 members of the class with correct shed codes, logos and fittings
- 3 optional headboards for rail tours
- Custom sound sets inside and out recorded from the remaining K1
- Realistic cab with multiple views including head out and a fully modelled firebox and coal level
- Custom, realistic wheel slip physics and effects with auto detection of weather conditions (ADVANCED MODE ONLY)
- Simulated steam chest (ADVANCED MODE ONLY)
- Cylinder cock management (ADVANCED MODE ONLY)
- Boiler management with priming damage possible (ADVANCED MODE ONLY)
- Realistic injector control (ADVANCED MODE ONLY)
- Improved dynamic steam and smoke colour and quantity
- Realistic boiler water gauges effected by gradient, acceleration and speed and with blow down test
- Visual priming effect from chimney when overfilling the boiler
- Dynamic lamp setting on both locomotive and tender
- British Railways (ex-LNER) rolling stock: Double 13 ton bolster wagons with 4 steel loads, Single 13 ton bolster wagon, Ex-LNER Gas Tank wagons, BR Palbrick brick carrying wagons (can be loaded or empty), BR 22 ton Plate wagons, BR Trestle AA wagons, Ex-LNER/Private Owner Mineral wagons, Ex-Private Owner worn livery - Coal, 7 plank wagons, Ex-Private Owner worn liveries – Coal
- 8 scenarios for the Weardale & Teesdale Network route, also available on Steam.
BUY NOW! STEAM
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE