EGCK is a general aviation airport and search & rescue base located just 7.4km southwest from the town of Caernarfon with its historic castle and town centre. Serving as a base for the Welsh Search and Rescue and air ambulance, it is also host to several flying schools and offers tourists scenic flights over Snowdonia national park and beyond. Being just a short flight from the major city urban areas around Liverpool and Manchester, the airfield offers a great escape into the Welsh mountains and is an ideal base for exploring Wales and the north of England. For those more adventurous types, why not hop in a fighter jet and give the famous mach loop a try.
Created by Orbx developer Tony Wroblewski, the entire airfield has been modelled in superb detail from extensive real-world photography and numerous site visits offering unmatched realism and accuracy. The airport and all the recent extensions and new buildings have been included ensuring that the airport is as close as possible to the real airport and will remain so for many years to come.
- Bespoke hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area
- Dynamic people and animals that will change based on time of year and day.
- High definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area
- Custom and unique built ground vehicles and aircraft
- Accurately and superbly modelled buildings
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment
- High definition hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings
- Surrounding POIs such as Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings
- Optimized for best performance and works seamlessly with World Update 3 and our UK North POI region