Talkeetna Airport is a state-owned public-use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) east of the central business district of Talkeetna, in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation airport.
The airport is home to at least seven air taxi operations and is very busy during the tourist season because of its proximity to Denali. Air services operating from the airport include Sheldon Air Service, Talkeetna Aero Services, K2 Aviation, and Talkeetna Air Taxi.
Talkeetna Airport covers an area of 624 acres (253 ha) at an elevation of 358 feet (109 m) above mean sea level. Its one runway is designated 19/1 and has an asphalt pavement measuring 3,500 by 75 feet (1,067 x 23 m). It also has one helipad designated H1 with a gravel surface measuring 480 by 85 feet (146 x 26 m).
- The most detailed replica of airport buildings and vehicles
- Detailed mesh for the airport area
- Custom surroundings
- All materials created for full PBR
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all airport buildings
- High-resolution building textures
- Use of native, highly efficient gITF models
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas