Yaroslavl is a city in Russia, the administrative center of the Yaroslavl region. Population - 608 353 people. (2020). Yaroslavl is the third largest city in the Central Federal District of the Russian Federation. The city is a transport hub, from which railway lines and highways diverge in the direction of Moscow, Vologda, Rybinsk, Kostroma, Ivanov and Kirov. There is also a river port and an airport in Yaroslavl. The area of the city is 205.8 km².
Yaroslavl is one of the oldest Russian cities, founded in the 11th century and reaching its heyday in the 17th century; in 2010 the city celebrated its millennium. City Day in Yaroslavl is usually celebrated on the last Saturday of May (in 2010, in connection with the millennium of the city, the celebration was held from 10 to 12 September). The historical center of the city, located at the confluence of the Volga and Kotorosl rivers, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Yaroslavl was included in the tourist route "The Golden Ring of Russia" in 1967 by Yuri Aleksandrovich Bychkov, the creator of this route, and in subsequent decades it did not drop out of the list of cities of the "Golden Ring", although this list itself was repeatedly modified. Since 2017, Yaroslavl has the status of the "capital" of the Golden Ring of Russia.
In administrative terms, Yaroslavl is not only the center of the region, but also the Yaroslavl region, which is not part of. It has the status of a city of regional significance and forms an urban district, the city of Yaroslavl, with the only settlement in its composition.
By the decree of the President of the Russian Federation dated July 2, 2020, the city was awarded the title "City of Labor Valor".
In this collection added such objects as:
- The administrative building and the building of the Regional Government.
- Bridges: Oktyabrsky, Zheleznodorozhny and Yubileiny
- Factory of the company "KORD"
- Spaso-Preobrazhensky monastery and cathedral with a belfry
- TV tower
- Shinnik stadium
- Church of St. Andrew of Crete
- House of Culture "Red Perekop"
- Houses of workers of the textile factory "Krasny Perekop"
- Church of Peter and Paul
- Church of John the Baptist (Tserkov 'Ioanna Predtechi)
- Church of St. John Chrysostom in Korovniki
- Metropolitan chambers
- Tower on the Volzhskaya embankment
- Chapel of Alexander Nevsky
- Volkov Theater
- Demidov pillar
- Youth Theater
- Church of the Ascension
- Sretenskaya church
- The circus
- Monument to victims of radiation accidents and disasters
- Museum of Military Glory
- Some main buildings on Lenin Ave., Oktyabrya Ave., Victory and st. Freedom
- Cinema Volga
- Youth polyclinic
- Fire Department
- TC "Flagman"
- Cinema "Rodina"
- YarsU building