Experience classic railroading moving heavy coal and manifest freight through the heart of Virginia's coalfields with Train Sim World 2: Clinchfield Railroad.
Fabulous and famous: The Clinchfield Railroad was one of America’s most extraordinary railroads. Often called “The Rio Grande of the East” for its spectacular scenery and challenging mountain railroading, the Clinchfield (which is now CSX’s Kingsport Subdivision) was both an extraordinary coal hauler and a busy and vital bridge line for manifest freight traffic, providing a link between the Chesapeake & Ohio on its north end and the Seaboard Coast Line in the south.
It’s your job to take charge of the heavy coal and manifest freight services through the rugged Appalachian Mountains. Load coal from one of several mines in peaks of Virginia, and explore not only the main line, but the various local branches, each with its own challenges and character.
Take control of the instantly recognisable EMD F7 diesel locomotive, dressed in the vibrant and coal dust-coated Clinchfield Railroad livery. Step into the cab of the A unit, while the B unit offers additional horsepower for the heaviest of freight duties. Alternatively, get a taste of something then-new, the EMD SD40, before its more recent upgrades to become the loco that exists today.
Choose how you want to play; operate trains, ride around as a conductor, complete the route tasks, or simply pick a vantage point and watch the action unfold. Create your own experiences with the Scenario Planner and Livery Designer. Whatever you choose to do, there's lots to see and experience in Train Sim World 2: Clinchfield Railroad.
- Highly detailed and authentic recreation of the Arosalinie between Chur and Arosa
- RhB Ge 4/4 II electric locomotive in RhB livery
- EW-1 and Gepackwagen passenger coaches in RhB livery
- SP-W timber wagon
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cab with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and 5 detailed and engaging scenarios
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology