Climb aboard the workhorse of London and South East commuting with the iconic “Kent Link Networker”, the BR Class 465/9, which is ready to take power on Train Sim World 2’s Southeastern High Speed route.
Developed and prototyped in the mid-1980s, the Networker family was to be Network SouthEast’s answer to aging commuter rolling stock on various lines throughout London, namely, the Great Western and Chiltern routes, as well as towards Kent. Despite all efforts, the looming era of privatisation and the struggling economy meant the Networker program became only a fraction of its potential.
One unit that was successfully developed was the BR Class 465, which entered service in 1992 on routes out of London and into the Garden of England. There were 2 distinct designs for the 465s, those built by BREL and others by Metro-Cammell, the latter units featured different window shapes, slightly different buffers, and would go onto have cab air-con installed.
In 2005, a batch of the Met-Cam Class 465s (known as the 465/2s) were selected for extensive refurbishment, including refreshed interiors and the addition of first class, allowing them to operate outer suburban services and beyond towards the Kent Coast. These revised units were then reclassified as the Class 465/9.
The Class 465/9s have been in service with Southeastern since 2006, and have since been acquainted with a two-tone blue and white livery, replacing the yellow doors and grey stripes of operators past, and now you can experience this classic multiple unit for yourself in Train Sim World 2!
Please note: Train Sim World 2: Southeastern High Speed is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on.
- BR Class 465/9 EMU in Southeastern Blue Stripe livery
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real multiple unit
- Accessible Training Modules and 4 detailed and engaging scenarios for Southeastern High Speed
- Operable in Timetable Mode for Southeastern High Speed
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology