The complex and bustling network under and into rural Frankfurt comes to life with the Frankfurt U-Bahn, complete with all 9 lines packed with authentic details!
The Frankfurt U-Bahn (Untergrundbahn) officially opened in October 1968, an underground route from Hauptwache to Nordwestzentrum, this would soon be extended multiple times. Today, there are now a total of 9 lines, U1 to U9, that span around 65 km in length and serve all corners of Frankfurt with a total of 87 stations, 27 of which are underground and are served by 3 separate tunnels. The latest addition to the U-Bahn was the U8 and U9, which were fully competed in 2010 as an extension to the U2 line.
Over the decades, many trains have served the Frankfurt U-Bahn, including the U3 and U4, however the dominant traction today is the U5-25 and U5-50 “Flexity Swift” light metro vehicles. The U5-25 is a bi-directional 2-car unit with a cab at both ends, and the U5-50 is a uni-directional unit, where only one cab is present and the other end is a gangway, requiring 2 to be coupled in service. All U5 units are multiple working, and can be used together to form the right length of trains based on their line and time of day.
From Just Trains, the Frankfurt U-Bahn network features all 9 lines stretching across the breadth of the city. Intricate detailing throughout is guaranteed, with every station both above and below ground having its own character. Additionally, the U3, U4, U5-25 and U5-50 units come with all the bells and whistles, literally! Learning the ins and outs of these vital vehicles is a must to operate the incredible network that is the Frankfurt U-Bahn.
- 65 km network covering all lines of the Frankfurt U-Bahn – U1 to U9
- 86 stations in total, 27 of which are underground
- U3 bi-directional unit in Orange/Ivory and Vista Blue livery
- U4 bi-directional unit in Vista Blue livery
- U5-25 bi-directional unit in Vista Blue livery
- U5-50 single-direction unit in Vista Blue livery
- Advanced start-up procedure for each unit
- Fully simulated passenger door operation and departure procedure
- Functional IBIS passenger information system
- 24 Standard Scenarios
- 2 Free Roam scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE