Venture to the famed “Bayou,” hill, and river country of Louisiana to experience a unique and captivating style of contemporary American railroading in the deep South with Union Pacific’s Livonia Division: Monroe Subdivision route for Train Simulator!
The Monroe Subdivision, as re-created by the Livonia Division: Monroe Subdivision route, is a vital portion of the Union Pacific, serving as a segment of UP’s rail link between America’s Upper Midwest and the Gulf of Mexico. Stretching 97.5-route miles between Monroe and Alexandria, Louisiana, the Monroe Subdivision historically was an important line of the Missouri Pacific.
A successful and innovative railroad, Missouri Pacific represented an attractive merger partner and in 1980, Union Pacific announced an agreement to acquire the Missouri Pacific, which was formally merged into giant UP on December 22, 1982.
Today’s Monroe Subdivision is a busy steel artery for the north-south movements of heavy manifest traffic, with much of the tonnage being agricultural, chemical, and petrochemical products moving in covered hoppers and tank cars.
With major yards at both Alexandria and Monroe and extending through a mixture of rolling hills and Louisiana “Bayou” country alongside the Red and Quachita Rivers, the Monroe Subdivision is home to challenging railroad operations that mix grades, fast-running, and heavy tonnage. The Monroe Subdivision is also rich in junctions and interchanges with other rail lines, including connections with Union Pacific and Kansas City Southern lines as well as several short lines.
The Livonia Division: Monroe Subdivision route includes four UP locomotive types – the GE ES44AC, EMD SD70M, GP38-2, and SD40-2 – and a selection of modern freight equipment.
Climb aboard for distinctive and enthralling modern railroading in America’s deep South – with the Livonia Division: Monroe Subdivision route for Train Simulator!
- Union Pacific’s contemporary Monroe Subdivision extending 97.5 miles between Alexandria and Monroe, Louisiana.
- Busy UP main line extending through Louisiana’s Bayou, hill, and river country.
- Major yards and terminal facilities at Alexandria and Monroe.
- Numerous served industries and rail junctions and interchanges.
- Union Pacific General Electric ES44AC diesel locomotive.
- Union Pacific Electro-Motive SD70M diesel locomotive.
- Union Pacific Electro-Motive GP38-2 diesel locomotive.
- Union Pacific Electro-Motive SD40-2 diesel locomotive.
- A selection of authentic freight car types.
- Seven realistic career scenarios.
- Quick drive compatible.