The Pennsylvania Railroad was legendary – and this remarkable pack from DTM brings together two Pennsy classics – PRR’s distinctive Baldwin DR-6-4-2000 “passenger shark” diesels and the railroad’s flagship passenger train, the Broadway Limited!
In the diesel era, the Pennsylvania was the number-one customer of the Baldwin Locomotive Works and among the 643 diesels PRR purchased from Baldwin were 27 2,000-horsepower DR-6-4-2000 diesel passenger locomotives which were outfitted in the Raymond Lowey-designed “Sharknose,” a styling inspired by PRR’s Baldwin-built T1 steam locomotives. Pennsy’s DR-6-4-2000 passenger sharks entered service in 1948 and were used system-wide on PRR’s fleet of passenger trains. Originally dressed in PRR’s classic “five-stripe” Brunswick green passenger livery, over the years the DR-6-4-2000s wore multiple liveries and this pack includes the Sharknose in four accurate variants, with “five-stripe” and “single-stripe” versions in both Brunswick green and Tuscan red. In their later years, the Pennsy’s DR-6-4-2000s migrated to the New York & Long Branch (now NJ Transit’s North Jersey Coast Line) where they were employed in commuter service. The PRR retired its last DR-6-4-2000 in 1965.
Among any short list of America’s most famous passenger trains, the Pennsylvania’s Broadway Limited is assuredly included. On the competitive New York – Chicago route, it was PRR’s Broadway Limited and New York Central’s 20th Century Limited that duelled for supremacy. The Pennsy had re-equipped its flagship with streamlined equipment in 1938, but in the fervor of post-WWII passenger competition PRR again introduced new equipment in 1949. Constructed primarily by Pullman-Standard and Budd, the Broadway Limited’s post-war equipment included a variety of sleeper, lounge, and dining equipment. And along with the Baldwin DR-6-4-2000, DTM has brought the complete post-war Broadway Limited to Train Simulator with a selection of nine authentic car types, including PRR’s distinctive BM70 baggage and mail car; 10-6, 4-4-2, 12-4, and 21-roomette sleepers; combination sleeper-lounge car; twin-unit diner and kitchen car; and famed “View” series bedroom-lounge-observation car!
- Pennsylvania Baldwin DR-6-4-2000 “passenger shark” cab and booster locomotives
- Four authentic PRR DR-6-4-2000 liveries (“five-stripe” and “single-stripe” versions in both Brunswick green and Tuscan red)
- Realistic cab, controls, and operating features
- Authentic Baldwin locomotive sounds
- Complete set of Pennsylvania’s post-war Broadway Limited, including nine car types (BM70 baggage and mail car; 10-6, 4-4-2, 12-4, and 21-roomette sleepers; combination sleeper-lounge car; twin-unit diner and kitchen car; and famed “View” series bedroom-lounge-observation car)
- Four career scenarios for the Horseshoe Curve route, also available on Steam
- Quick Drive compatible
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE