Experience the pinnacle of high-speed travel in the UK and bustling commuter services with WCML South: London Euston - Birmingham in Train Simulator!
The West Coast Main Line as it is today was not initially intended as a single line stretching from London to Glasgow, it was instead many smaller, individual lines that gradually linked up from the 1830s to the 1880s.
The London and Birmingham Railway opened their section in 1838, making it the first inter-city line to be built into London, it started from the city’s Euston station and made the 113-mile trip to Birmingham Curzon Street, calling at the likes of Rugby and Coventry en route.
Over the decades, more and more stations popped up along the route, and services switched to Birmingham New Street. In the south, additional lines were built to Watford to increase commuter capacity, these lines now form part of the London Overground network. The main line itself has seen many changes, but none are quite as striking as the introduction of the Class 390 Pendolino, which tilts its way up to 125 mph and now adorns the bold Avanti West Coast livery.
Take to the tracks of one of the most important railway corridors in the UK, and operate a mix of express, stopper, commuter and freight services with Train Simulator’s WCML South: London Euston – Birmingham route!
- 113-mile route from London Euston to Birmingham New Street
- 41 stations feature, including the Watford DC Line
- BR Class 390 Pendolino EMU in Avanti West Coast livery
- BR Class 221 Super Voyager DEMU in Avanti West Coast livery
- BR Class 350 Desiro EMU in London Midland livery
- BR Class 377 Electrostar EMU in Southern livery
- BR Class 378 Captialstar EMU in London Overground livery
- FSA & FTA Wagons with Ocean Network Express containers
- Powerhaul Class 66 V2.0 Loco Add-On
- 7 Career and 3 Railfan Mode scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible
Please note that WCML South is a highly detailed route and you will be required to adjust your in-game settings to get the best possible experience. Please consult the accompanying user manual for detailed instructions.