Journey to the fabulous and rugged Rocky Mountains of Canada and take the throttle of Canadian National trains crossing the Continental Divide with the Yellowhead Pass route for Train Simulator!
This stunning and challenging route features the Canadian National mainline crossing of the Rocky Mountains via Yellowhead Pass, from Jasper, Alberta to Valemount, British Columbia, approximately route 80 miles. Today this line forms the eastern section of Canadian National’s Albreda Subdivision and the Train Simulator route also includes CN’s Robson Subdivision west from Red Pass to where it rejoins the Albreda Subdivision at Charles, British Columbia.
The Train Simulator Yellowhead Pass route is set in the 1980s when the route from Jasper to Red Pass had just been double tracked and the new Robson link line built between the Albreda and Robson Subdivisions, thus creating a double-track route with a grade separation west of Red Pass. Traffic on the busy mainline includes general mixed manifest traffic with significant amounts of lumber and grain as well as unit coal trains, sulphur trains, and intermodals.
The Yellowhead Pass route has been masterfully created for Train Simulator by Milepost Simulations, known for its creation of other superb Canadian routes including the popular Canadian Mountain Passes route and the Canadian National Peace River route.
As an engineer on the Train Simulator Yellowhead Pass route, you’ll take the throttle of powerful Canadian National GMD GP40-2LW and SD40-2W diesel locomotives, both of which feature CN’s distinctive “comfort cab” design. The route also features a variety of appropriate freight rolling stock, including intermodal equipment, covered hopper, rotary gondola, flatcars, boxcars, tank car, and authentic Canadian National steel caboose. And a superb selection of ten career scenarios will put you right to work hauling heavy tonnage across the Canadian Rockies!
Experience the scenic splendor and extraordinary challenges of railroading in the Canadian Rocky Mountains – with the Yellowhead Pass route for Train Simulator!
- Canadian National’s crossing of the Canadian Rockies via Yellowhead Pass
- Mountain railroading on the CN Albreda and Robson Subdivisions
- Approximately 80 routes miles with two often-separated main lines
- Jasper, Alberta yards, station, and engine terminal
- Spectacular Rocky Mountain scenery
- Canadian National GMD GP40-2LW and SD40-2W diesel locomotives
- Selection of freight cars, including intermodal equipment, covered hopper, rotary gondola, flatcars, boxcars, tank car, and Canadian National steel caboose
- Ten realistic career scenarios
- Quick drive compatible