It was on May 10, 1869 at Promontory, Utah that the “Golden Spike” ceremony made America one land, linked by rail from ocean to ocean. Facing each other on that historic day were two locomotives, Union Pacific 4-4-0 No. 119 and Central Pacific No. 60, the “Jupiter.”
Now, through the extraordinary craftsmanship of Smokebox, Central Pacific’s 4-4-0 Jupiter comes to life in Train Simulator!
Central Pacific No. 60, along with three sisters (“Storm,” “Whirlwind,” and “Leviathan”) were built by the Schenectady Locomotive Works in the summer of 1868. The wood-burning locomotives were designed for dual service, with 60-inch-diameter drivers and 16 x 24-inch cylinders and a total engine weight of 65,400 pounds. Following the historic events of May 1869, the Jupiter went on to a long career working for the Central Pacific and its successor, the Southern Pacific.
In the mid-1970s, the U. S. National Park Service had full-sized, operating replicas of UP No. 119 and the Jupiter constructed, a process that included the creation of engineering drawings of the locomotives. It is from those plans that Smokebox has created the Train Simulator version of the famed Jupiter. And as can be expected from the creator of the Union Pacific FEF-3 4-8-4 and AT&N 2-8-0, the Jupiter features extraordinary operating realism and exacting detail authenticity true to the wood-burning locomotives as built in 1868.
The Central Pacific Jupiter pack includes the historic Jupiter as well as sister locomotives Storm, Whirlwind, and Leviathan; authentic flat cars, baggage car, various styles of Emigrant coaches, and a coach-caboose with detailed passenger views; and a variety of new track and scenery assets designed to allow route builders to create their own 19th century railroad routes!
- Central Pacific Railroad 4-4-0 No. 60 “Jupiter” in original colorful livery
- Sister wood-burning CPRR locomotives “Storm,” “Whirlwind,” and “Leviathan”
- Authentic controls and exacting “as built” operational and detail fidelity
- Baggage car; various styles of Emigrant coaches; and coach-caboose
- Detailed passenger views
- Flat cars (with and without loads)
- 19th century track, structure, and scenery assets for route building
- Fully-compatible with all modes of gameplay (simple as well as expert controls)
- Authentic sounds recorded from the replica No. 17 "York"
- Model built from the same original engineering drawings as "Jupiter"
- Advanced locomotive physics including wheelslip that varies according to the track conditions
- Fully animated, including Stephenson valve gear, brass bell and tender truck brake rigging
- Crew in 19th century uniforms
- 3 Career scenarios for the Donner Pass: Southern Pacific route
- Quick Drive compatible
BUY NOW! STEAM
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE