FeelThere’s Airbus Series Vol. 2 is a detailed depiction of the fascinating world of Fly-By-Wire technology as well as the Airbus’ high-end systems. Developed by highly qualified programmers and with the help of active professional pilots, this add-on is the perfect entry into the universe of airliners. Much of the modern technology and systems are typical to the Airbus philosophy. Whatever your knowledge level - beginner or expert - the user's manual will teach you, step-by-step, all systems and procedures.
- Aircraft included:
- Airbus 320 CFM
- Airbus 320 IAE
- Airbus 321 CFM
- Airbus 321 IAE
- Head-up display to show all the necessary flight information. The HUD is useful to manually fly low-visibility approaches.
- SID/STAR Management
- Target Altitude: The target climb or descent altitude is shown on the route with a blue arrow and its position is updated in real time.
- TOC Real-Time Update: The position of the top-of-climb (TOC) point is computed in real time.
- SID/STAR filtering: When a departure or arrival runway is selected, only the SID/STAR procedures that apply for the selected runway are displayed.
- Flight Plan Display: As the aircraft flies toward the next waypoint, the displayed distance to the next waypoint is updated in real time.
- Approach Speed: The managed speed on approach depends on the flap handle position instead of depending on the flaps position - like in the real aircraft. This makes the approach the approach smoother with less variation of engine power.
- Electricity: All the electric devices, such as lights (landing, taxi, beacon, strobes) and the 6 EFIS screens (PFD, ND, E/WD and SD) are properly managed and can be switched ON only if the appropriate electric source is available, APU, GPU or engine generator.
- Alert Clear and Recall: The alerts displayed on the E/WD can be cleared and recalled if necessary.
- Fly-by-Wire (auto-coordination): The fly-by-wire system provides auto-coordination. The rudder pedals are active, even if auto-coordination is active. This allows you to "kick" the aircraft - very important with crosswind, like in the real aircraft.
- Computed Speeds: The FACs (Flight Augmentation Computers) are in charge of computing the Green Dot, F and S speeds.
- Fuel Tank Management.
- Speed Brake Alert.
- MCDU AIRAC Cycle and Version: The AIRAC cycle is displayed on the MCDU A/C STATUS Page.
- SD DOOR Page: The door status page shows the right door selections.
- Push-back steering.
- Cold & Dark configuration.
- Improved multi-monitors management for pedestal and overhead consoles.