First Flight Airport (KFFA) is a public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) west of the central business district of Kill Devil Hills, a town in Dare County, North Carolina, United States. The airport is owned by the U.S. National Park Service. The airport itself is famous for being the site of hundreds of pre-flight gliding experiments carried out by the Wright brothers. The Wright Brothers National Memorial, located atop nearby Kill Devil Hill, is a 60-foot granite pylon paying homage to the Wright Brothers and the first sustained heavier-than-air flight.
This terrific scenery covers an extensive, detailed area around KFFA and includes the towns of Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk and numerous islands in the region.
Detailed Scenery Area Features
- 63 km Of Custom TexturePhoto Terrain Textures With Near Photo Accuracy
- 500 km of Hand Classified Landclass For Accurate Blending
- 9530 Custom Geotypical Buildings Accurately Sized And Placed
- 570 Accurately Placed Autogen Houses
- Accurately Placed Vegetation Autogen
- Library Objects Used For Added Detail
- Detailed Mesh
- Landmark Objects Included
- Accurately Sized And Positioned Airport Buildings And Hangars
- Accurately Placed Runways, Taxiways and Aprons
- Custom Airport Ground Markings