The tiny airport, the thrilling approach, the narrow margin between a good landing and a landing which ends in the perimeter fence: they make Kastellorizo a special destination for every pilot.
‘The Aegean Pearl’ has been recreated in its entirety for FSX: Steam Edition, including the rough mountains, the unique airport and the village of Kastellorizo itself. Every house in the village, the town hall, school, churches, hotels, bars, chapels, military installations and much more have been realistically recreated, and the shape of the whole island has been modelled manually in order to accurately recreate its outline.
Kastelorizo Airport (LGKJ) is rendered in high-detail, including a paved runway and apron, detailed models of the terminal buildings, realistic night lighting and more details like baggage carts, animated flags and passengers. Just like the real airport, there are no navaids (apart from the NDB) or ILS installed at the airport. Pilots have to call Info at 122.90 to avoid conflicts with other aircraft.
Be sure to watch out for the fences at both ends of the runway!
- High resolution custom-made terrain mesh covering the whole island
- Photo-real texture coverage of Kastellorizo and nearby islands
- Fully accurate rendition of the airport and surrounding features
- High resolution textures for airport ground and 3D buildings
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground
- Detailed representation of Kastellorizo town and its famous landmarks
- Realistic night lighting environment
- Realistic models of grass and vegetation
- Numerous sound effects (clock tower, church bells, animal sounds and more)
- 3D human models included
- AI ship traffic with realistic ferry models and schedules
- Performance optimised scenery with no need for additional adjustments