Makedonia Airport (also known as Thessaloniki International Airport) is located about 15km south east of the city centre.
This airport serves almost four million passengers per year, and often gets completely fogged in, especially in the evening and early morning hours when wind is calm due to the humidity of the adjacent Thermaikos gulf.
For this reason, ILS 16 and the runway and taxiway lights are CATII category for precision approaches down to 150ft above the runway and/or 450m visibility. On the other side, the approach is equally thrilling as you will have to stay alert for the uneven terrain and pay attention to rather steep descents before landing on RW34.
It will take you hours to explore this fabulous scenery add-on, which perfectly demonstrates the beauty of the area!
- Fully detailed recreation of Thessaloniki International Airport (LGTS)
- High resolution airport ground textures
- Thessaloniki city designed in full detail
- Photo-real terrain coverage of Thessaloniki
- 3D night lighting
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground
- Optimized scenery for high-end performance
- Realistic custom-made terrain mesh
- Scenery manager and AESLite traffic tools included