The Cessna 140 was introduced in 1949, following on from the 120. Uprated engines and improved landing gear were among the changes and provided the aviation public with an aeroplane that was comfortable and easy to fly.
The 140 stands out from other Cessnas with its unique "art deco", automotive style instrument panels. The interior layout is simply but comfortably furnished and everything is to hand. This made the aeroplane the ideal trainer and its near vice-less behaviour and inherent strength made it popular with flying clubs and flight schools everywhere.
Many 140s have been restored and continue to give service and pleasure to their owners, the world over. With modifications too numerous to mention, examples are used in air races, record attempts and extreme "bush-flying" with remarkable results.
Together with the 120, this little aircraft gave rise to the future Cessna line of affordable, multi-purpose airframes that have populated our skies for decades and continue to do so today.
- Accurately modelled in High Fidelity with an enormous amount of authentic detail
- Detailed animations include sprung steerable tailwheel, sprung main U/C legs, brake discs and callipers.
- 'Hidden' modern navigation suite fitted to the cockpit panel for IFR navigation. ( totally optional )
- Asobo based pilots. Therefore the pilots you have chosen will fly the plane.
- Authentic stereo sound pack.
- 7 Authentic liveries include polished alloy, gloss paint and well-worn examples.
- 3 versions of the Cessna and if you know your way around configuration files your choice of which version to use per livery.
- 'PBR Workflow' texturing inside and out, as used in many of today's successful computer games