Merrill C. Meigs Field Airport (ICAO: KCGX) /mɛgz/ was a single runway airport in Chicago that was in operation from December 1948 until March 2003, on Northerly Island, an artificial peninsula on Lake Michigan. The airport sat adjacent to downtown Chicago, the second largest business district in North America. Meigs Field airport was opened on 10 December 1948, and, by 1955, had become the busiest single-strip airport in the United States. The airport was a familiar sight on the downtown lakefront. The latest air traffic tower was built in 1952 and the terminal was dedicated in 1961. The airfield was named for Merrill C. Meigs.
- Handmade custom Terminal building, with real and accurate interiors based on actual blueprints and photographs.
- Handmade and historically accurate Control Tower, including full modeling of the control room interior. Watch sunset from the tower control ;)
- Handmade custom Hangar with interior where you can spawn from or park (choose "Parking 0" if you want to spawn from inside the hangar).
- Custom hyper real full PBR materials.
- Complete remake of parking and entrance.
- Complete remake of the bay area, with docks and ships.
- Historically accurate runway and, taxiways and parking areas.
- VASI22 (historically accurate).
- Full ATC functionality.
- Ground services such as push-backs and fuel refueling.
- And much more!