The Norfolk Southern Big 7s add-on brings two variations of the GE Dash 7 locomotive to Train Simulator.
The 3,600 horsepower four-axle GE B36-7 was built from 1980 until 1985 as successor to the famous U36B ‘U-Boats’. Of the 230 locomotives produced, Seaboard System Railroad (which became part of CSX Transportation in 1986) and Conrail purchased the majority between them. CSX became the last Class 1 railroad to include B36-7s in operational rosters.
The six-axle GE C36-7 predates the four-axle variant, having first been produced in 1978. Unlike the B36-7, however, the majority were exported to overseas markets.
The Norfolk Southern Big 7s for Train Simulator, developed by DigitalTrainModel, includes both the GE B36-7 High Nose and Low Nose variants, plus GE C36-7 ph1 AD, ph1 GSC and ph2 GSC variants in Norfolk Southern livery, and non-driver models as ‘dead’ rolling stock. Other features include class lights, step lights and number board lights, speed recorder, ditch lights and animated front and rear mirrors.
- GE B36-7 High Nose in Norfolk Southern livery
- GE B36-7 Low Nose in Norfolk Southern livery
- GE C36-7 ph1 AD in Norfolk Southern livery
- GE C36-7 ph1 GSC in Norfolk Southern livery
- GE C36-7 ph2 GSC in Norfolk Southern livery
- Non-driver models of all locomotive for ‘dead’ rolling stock
- Quick Drive compatible
- 5 scenarios for the Norfolk Southern Coal District route, also available on Steam.
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE