In the OMSI 2 add-on "Aachen – The imperial city“, the Aachen bus routes 33 and 73 with a total length of 22km have been faithfully recreated. These two routes run through the old emperor city, from the town’s east into the thriving city centre. The cathedral remains in line of sight all the time. You cross some sights like the theatre and the Elisenbrunnen, before driving towards the campus of the “Technische Hochschule Aachen” (RWTH Aachen University, technical university), whose students form an important social group of the city. After a stop at the architectonically impressive teaching hospital, the one-hour ride ends near the border triangle in the Dutch city Vaals. The two routes offer various diverse sections, ranging from narrow lanes all the way to multiline roads with distinctive elevation profiles.
On those routes, the player has three vehicle models at his disposal based on examples from the ASEAG: The 12 metre “O530”, its 18 metre articulated version "O530G“ and the 19.5 metre high-capacity articulated bus "O530GL“. Both the models and the sounds are created with recordings from their real-worlds counterparts.
The authentic driving experience is made complete by several new, contemporary AI vehicles and the Dutch service buses that are typical for the location of Aachen at the border triangle.
- True to original buildings, streets, signs, bus stops and decoration objects
- Route 33 with 14 km between Vaals (Netherlands) and Aachen-Fuchserde
- Route 73 with 8 km between teaching hospital and station Rothe Erde
- A total of 85 minutes of schedules driving time
- Solo, articulated and high-capacity articulated buses (12m, 18m, 19.5m)
- New contemporary AI vehicles (cars, trucks and vans)
- AI service buses of Dutch Veolia
- Original bus stop announcements
- Rail transport (BR 643.2 of the DB for „Euregiobahn”)
- Coins and banknotes for ticket sales