The Settle-Carlisle Expansion Pack is a superb modern recreation of this famous and beautiful British route, complete with 5 locomotives and rolling stock.
Famous for its Ribblehead Viaduct and stunning scenery, the Settle-Carlisle line has long been a favourite amongst rail fans – especially since it famously escaped closure in the late 1980s. It is also well-known as a triumph of engineering against the odds, as a huge workforce was assembled to work in extremely tough conditions. The line is home to some dramatic constructions, such as the Ribblehead Viaduct and Blea Moor Tunnel, and rises to the highest point on the British main line at 1,169 feet (356m) above sea level. The line endured and won a five-year battle against closure in the late 1980s, and has since remained a favourite with enthusiasts who come from far and wide to ride on the line every year.
Now you can drive trains along this inspiring stretch of line, battling the gradients through the ‘three peaks’ and admiring the views as you drive over (and sometimes beneath) this wonderful landscape. With modern and preserved locomotives to drive, there is something for everyone on the Settle-Carlisle.
- Highly detailed route from Settle, North Yorkshire to Carlisle, Cumbria including the Ribblehead Viaduct, Carlisle Station and all stations and landmarks along the line.
- Class 66 locomotive in EWS livery
- Class 37 locomotive in EWS livery
- Class 158 DMU
- Leander’ Jubilee Class 4-6-0 steam locomotive
- Preserved LMS 4F 0-6-0 steam locomotive
- Rolling stock including HAA and HTA hoppers, PCA tankers and Crimson Mk1 coaches
- 13 Scenarios