The DB BR 101 is a classic among the modern electric locomotives of Germany, with heritage spanning some of the nation’s most revolutionary designs and continuing the honour by working throughout the Deutsche Bahn network every day. Experience this icon for yourself in Train Sim World 2!
In the early 1990s, a majority of Germany’s express passenger services were undertaken by locomotives that date back to the 1970s including the DB BR 103 and DB BR 120. Both once-revolutionary locomotives had more than outlived their purpose where they were now hauling heavier trains than they had ever been designed for, this resulted in a lot of damage over time with increasingly poor reliability rates and maintenance costs. Germany was in desperate need of a new express passenger locomotive.
DB signed a deal with ABB which would develop into an order of 145 locomotives, with the first locomotive completed and displayed in the Orient Red livery by July 1996. Around this time, ABB had merged with AEG to form ADtranz, this was beneficial because it meant the future locomotives would be built quicker in multiple locations. Different components were built at a variety of facilities, with the final assembly taking place in Poland. The first of the new DB BR 101 officially entered service in February 1997.
The DB BR 101 quickly proved itself to be an efficient, high-speed passenger locomotive thanks to its carefully crafted and well thought out design. An icon in every right, this workhorse of a nation is ready for service in Train Sim World 2!
Please note: Train Sim World 2: Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr: Duisburg - Bochum Route Add-On is required, as a separate purchase, in order to utilise the content featured in this add-on.
- DB BR 101 in DB Traffic Red livery
- Bpmmz 284.4 and Avmmz 106.1 coaches in DB IC livery
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cab with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotive
- Journey Mode chapter for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
- Accessible Training Module and 3 detailed and engaging scenarios for Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
- Operable in and adds additional timetabled services to Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology