The Santa Fe Railway’s crossing of the Arizona Divide has long been one of America’s most famous, challenging, and scenic rail routes across the great American West – and now this iconic rail line comes to Train Simulator with the Arizona Divide: Winslow - Williams Route as masterfully created by Milepost Simulations!
Extending from Winslow to Williams, Arizona, a distance of 92 route miles, this remarkable route for Train Simulator delivers enthralling American freight railroading with priority tonnage, high-horsepower diesels, track speeds of up 70 mph, and demanding grades of up to 1.4 percent!
Constructed in the late 1880s, the Arizona Divide route has ever since been a key rail artery helping to link America’s Midwest and West. The line was a part of the famed Santa Fe Railway until AT&SF’s merger into BNSF in 1995 and it remains a bustling rail line today. The Arizona Divide route is set circa 1993 in the final years of Sana Fe operations and thus features diesels in the railroad’s classic red-and-silver and yellow-and-blue “Warbonnet liveries.”
Note: The Arizona Divide route is available worldwide. Due to licensing restrictions, AT&SF markings will appear only on content distributed to U. S. customers.
In extending from Winslow to Williams, Arizona, the route features the eastern portion of AT&SF’s Seligman Subdivision (previously the railroad’s Third District of its Albuquerque Division) plus a portion of the Phoenix Subdivision. Along the route, you’ll pass through both high desert landscapes and the pine country of the Coconino National Forrest. And you’ll visit and experience many notable and memorable railroad locations, including the crossing of famed Canyon Diablo, Flagstaff, Williams Junction (junction point between the Seligman and Phoenix Subdivisions) and Williams, connecting point with the Grand Canyon Railway.
Climb aboard to experience fast-paced, challenging, and memorable railroading on the famed Santa Fe Railway, with the Arizona Divide: Winslow - Williams Route for Train Simulator!
- Santa Fe Railway’s famous Arizona Divide route between Winslow and Williams, Arizona, a distance of 92 route miles.
- Demanding grades and a crossing of the Arizona Divide at 7,322-foot elevation.
- Famous western locations and settings such as Canyon Diablo and Williams Junction.
- Circa 1993 setting in the final years of AT&SF operations.
- Santa Fe GE B40-8W locomotive in red-and-silver “Warbonnet” livery
- Santa Fe EMD F45 and SD40-2 diesels in blue-and-yellow “Yellow Bonnet” livery
- Eleven types of period-appropriate freight rolling stock, including AT&SF distinctive spine intermodal cars, double-stacks, boxcars, flats, tank cars, and more.
- Eight realistic career scenarios featuring intermodal, manifest, and local freight duties.
- Quick Drive compatible