Bienvenue en France and willkommen in Deutschland! Cross the French/German border aboard high-speed traction and heavy freight motive power with Bahnstrecke Strasbourg - Karlsruhe in Train Simulator.
The Rhine Valley Railway, or Rheintalbahn, dates back to the 1840s and stretches from Mannheim to Basel, linking multiple key cities along the way. The section between Karlsruhe and Offenburg was opened in stages throughout 1844, with 2 separate lines between Karlsruhe and Rastatt that each serve different towns. At Appenweier, the line also features a triangle junction where rails take a sharp turn westbound and cross the border into France, serving Strasbourg and beyond.
Developments throughout the line’s history has seen it upgraded over time to allow for higher and higher speeds, and today, it forms part of a major international network that links France, Germany and Switzerland with ICE and TGV trains at speeds up to 250 km/h. Naturally there is also high demand for cross-border freight traffic, with FRET SNCF operating services into Germany using the modern BR 186 locomotive, capable of working with multiple signalling and electrification types.
Now you can immerse yourself into the extensive and bustling operations on this key international route. Climb aboard the SNCF BR 186 and haul container traffic into Germany, make the return trip from the complex cabs of the TGV Euroduplex or ICE 3M, and hop on-board regional and additional ICE trains to Offenburg.
Bahnstrecke Strasbourg - Karlsruhe, one of Germany’s most important lines, awaits your arrival in Train Simulator.
- 112 km (70-mile) route from Strasbourg, France, to Offenburg and Karlsruhe, Germany, including both lines via Ettlingen and Durmersheim
- 28 authentically detailed stations
- Expansive yards outside Karlsruhe, Strasbourg and Offenburg
- Dense passenger and freight services, including regional, inter-city, high-speed and cross-border traffic
- A multitude of signalling and safety system types to master
- Includes an extensive variety of rolling stock:
- SNCF BR 186 in FRET livery
- TGV Euroduplex in SNCF Blue & Grey livery
- DB BR 406 ICE 3M in DB ICE livery
- DB BR 101 in DB Traffic Red livery
- DB BR 146.2 in DB Traffic Red livery
- Doppelstock and Intercity coaches in DB Traffic Red & DB IC liveries
- Zacns Tanker and SGGRSS container wagons
- DB ICE 2 EMU Add-On
- 7 Career scenarios and 3 Railfan Mode scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible