The Battle for Sherman Hill delivers the ultimate railroading experience on Union Pacific’s legendary and historic crossing of America’s Continental Divide. With “The Battle for Sherman Hill,” you will tackle the challenges of moving heavy freight throughout the decades, from the steam era to the railroading of today!
Just as it was when constructed as part of the Transcontinental Railroad, Sherman Hill today is one of America’ busiest and most vital rail lines and is host to scores of Union Pacific intermodal, manifest, and unit trains each and every day.
To bring more than half-a-century of railroading to life, “The Battle for Sherman Hill” includes multiple iconic locomotives from Union Pacific’s fabulous Big Boy and Challenger steam locomotives to the railroad’s unique “Big Blow” gas-electric-turbines to contemporary GE ES44ACs and EMD SD70ACe diesels!
To capture the verve and challenges of railroading across Sherman Hill, nine all-new career scenarios that recall the steam, turbine, and diesel eras on the Union Pacific have been created. The experiences that await you with Train Simulator’s upcoming “The Battle for Sherman Hill” will extend from the late 1950s through modern times.
Please Note: Sherman Hill Route Add-On, Union Pacific Big Boy Loco Add-On, Union Pacific Challenger Loco Add-On, GP40-2 Loco Pack Add-On, Union Pacific SD70Ace Loco Add-On and Southern Pacific Cab Forward Loco Add-On are required in order to play the scenarios featured in this add-on. You can complete your collection with the Battle for Sherman Hill Bundle to ensure you have everything you need.
An all-in-one bundle that includes:
- 9 new Career scenarios that equate to more than 8 hours of engaging freight operations
- 56-mile Sherman Hill route from Cheyenne to Laramie
- A whole host of Union Pacific motive power to experience:
- ES44AC Diesel Locomotive
- SD60M Diesel Locomotive
- SD70M Diesel Locomotive
- GP40-2 Diesel Locomotive
- SW10 Diesel Switcher
- SD70ACe Diesel Locomotive in both UP and D&RGW heritage liveries
- 8,500-horsepower Gas Turbine Locomotive
- 4-8-8-4 Big Boy Locomotive
- 4-6-6-5 Challenger Locomotive
- Contemporary rolling stock, as well as Southern Pacific’s Cab Forward and its historic freight equipment