Famed Alpine rails await you in Rivet Games’ classic Gotthardbahn route for Train Simulator!
The Gotthardbahn, the second highest standard railway in Switzerland, was constructed from 1872-1882, penetrating the Alps by means of the Gotthard Tunnel at 1,151 metres (3,776 ft) above sea level. At the time, the 15km Gotthard rail tunnel was the world’s longest.
Rivet Games have meticulously modelled 110km of the Gotthard route from Erstfeld, on the North side of the Alps, at an altitude of 472 metres (1,549 ft), South to Bellinzona near the Italian border at an altitude of 241 metres (791 ft) set before the newer Gotthard Base Tunnel was completed. Because of the extreme differences in altitude long ramped approaches are used on each side, together with multiple spirals tunnelled under the mountains.
Operations on the Gotthardbahn are challenging and diverse, ranging from local to inter-city passenger services, and key freight duties that keep industries alive. Many are headed by SBB’s fleet of sleek Re 460 locomotives, cab car variants of their EWIV coaches also take charge with a 460 pushing from behind.
With vast changes in altitude offering unique views around every bend, the classic pass that is the Gotthardbahn is world renowned, and you can explore it in all its scenic glamour in Train Simulator!
- 110km route from Erstfeld to Bellinzona set during the construction of the Gotthard Base Tunnel
- SBB L and N type signalling system with custom designed signal models and features including:
- Animated Brake Test and Abfahrbefehl (departure indicators)
- Operating "Besetztes Gleis" indicators for entering occupied platforms
- Three state ground signals that function correctly between main signals
- Integra Signum Safety System track magnets and in-cabin equipment
- Zub Safety System cabin display
- Over 60 new building models to capture the unique architecture of the region
- Over 200 overhead line equipment and catenary models
- Custom bridge and tunnel portal models designed to accurately represent the stunning engineering of the route
- 15 Highly detailed station models, along with many other feature models along the route
- Re 460 Electric Locomotive in branded SBB livery featuring animated wing mirrors and exterior driver character that automatically moves to the driving end of the loco
- EWIV coaches in three variants (A, B and Bt):
- The A coach includes a highly detailed passenger view with 5 camera positions
- The Bt driving coach features a fully functional driving cabin allowing pull-push operation of trains
- Res flat wagons. Both unloaded and concrete barrier loaded versions are included
- 7 Career scenarios including a guided tutorial for the Re 460 locomotive
- 2 Railfan Mode scenarios
- Quick Drive Compatible
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE