The Electro-Motive GP40-2 has been a versatile workhorse of American railroading for more than four decades – and now the classic second-generation diesel locomotive comes to Train Simulator in the authentic liveries of five famed U. S. railroads!
The four-axle (B-B), 3,000-horsepower GP40-2 was constructed by Electro-Motive from 1972 to 1986, sold to 27 original railroad buyers, and enjoyed a production run of 1,143 units. Equipped with EMD’s “Dash-2” technology and reliable 645-series diesel power plant, the GP40-2 was considered by many as the best among EMD’s long lineage of Geeps and today the GP40-2 can still be found working in numbers for many of America’s railroads.
Successful and versatile, the GP40-2 proved itself adept at all types of services, from hauling priority and heavy freight to local and yard switching duties.
The Train Simulator GP40-2 Loco Pack features the famed “Geep” in five railroad liveries: Denver & Rio Grande Western (D&RGW); Western Pacific; Union Pacific; CSX (YN3); and Norfolk Southern! The locomotive features railroad-specific details such as headlight placements, and offers advanced features, including “running” and “cold and dark” versions.
Accompanying the EMD GP40-2 in the pack is an excellent selection of appropriate freight equipment, including a D&RGW 70-ton open-top hopper; 86-foot auto-parts boxcar; 3-bay covered hopper; Union Pacific steel coil car; CSX 50-foot boxcar; and 2-bay stone/ballast car. And to put the GP40-2 to immediate work, the pack includes three career scenarios, based upon actual D&RGW operations, for the Salt Lake City Route Extension (route available separately).
Take the throttle of an American diesel locomotive classic – with the GP40-2 Loco Pack for Train Simulator!
- Electro-Motive GP40-2 in five authentic railroad liveries: D&RGW; Western Pacific; Union Pacific; CSX (YN3); and Norfolk Southern
- Railroad-specific headlights and details
- Running and cold-and-dark versions
- Freight equipment, including D&RGW 70-ton open-top hopper; 86-foot auto-parts boxcar; Union Pacific steel coil car; 2-bay stone/ballast car; CSX 50-foot boxcar; and 3-bay covered hopper
- Three authentic career scenarios for the Salt Lake City Route Extension, also available on Steam
- Quick Drive compatible