Haul heavy freight from the spacious “comfort cab” of the Norfolk Southern SD70M, powering its way into Train Simulator courtesy of The Loco Shop.
Developed in the 1990s, the Electro-Motive SD70 was the next evolution in motive power, following on from the SD60. This new locomotive was designed to be more powerful, sat upon a better design of truck and was 1 ft longer than its predecessor.
The SD70 was soon followed by a revised design, the SD70M, which featured a wider nose and a “North American Safety Cab”, also known as a “comfort cab”, which offered a more wide-open environment for crew members compared to more standard designs. Over 1600 examples were built in total, with Norfolk Southern ordering and receiving only 68 between 2000 and 2004.
While diminutive in fleet strength, at 4000 horsepower a piece, Norfolk Southern’s SD70M locomotives are capable of delivering heavy-hauling capability on a variety of freight operations, including the movement of coal through the heart of Pennsylvania. Climb aboard the mighty Norfolk Southern SD70M in Train Simulator.
- Electro-Motive SD70M diesel locomotive in Norfolk Southern livery
- Clean and snow-dressed Norfolk Southern livery variations
- Authentic cab, controls, and operating features
- Includes Norfolk Southern coal gondola, and a flatcar carrying various military loads
- Four career scenarios for the Norfolk Southern Coal District route
- Quick Drive compatible