Spanning the North Wales Coast Line from Crewe to Llandudno, and also featuring the iconic Conwy Castle across 67 miles of cross-border railway line, Train Simulator’s North Wales Coastal route marries seaside views with both local and inter-city services from Arriva Trains Wales and Virgin Trains West Coast.
Ever since the Act of Union in 1801, which saw Ireland become part of the United Kingdom, people have strived to improve the connection between the two isles. In the early 19th Century, a combination of horse-drawn transport and sailing ships was the only option; that was until the 1840s, when the Chester and Crewe Railway and later, the Chester and Holyhead Railway were incorporated.
The full line was soon completed in 1848. Irish Mail would regularly work the line from London to Holyhead, and the LNWR, being in control of the West Coast Main Line and the line to Holyhead soon after, saw an opportunity for a spike in tourist traffic. Trains were put on to serve seaside resorts like Rhyl, Colwyn Bay and along the Llandudno branch, setting in stone the line’s popularity. This tale would continue through the Big Four, British Railways and Sectorisation eras, and despite freight being less common today, the line has remained a local and long-distance passenger haven with over 90 trains a day.
Visit the seaside today with North Wales Coastal: Crewe – Llandudno, featuring the Virgin Trains BR Class 221 “Super Voyager”, and Arriva Trains Wales’ BR Class 158 “Express Sprinter” and BR Class 175 “Coradia” DMUs.
- Features the 67 Mile route from Crewe to Llandudno including the continuation of the line to Conwy
- Featuring iconic landmarks such as Crewe Heritage Railway at Crewe including the famed APT-P (Fixed non-drivable exhibit only) and Conwy Castle
- Features faithful recreations of the 12 stations along the route, as well as the historic semaphore signalling infrastructure.
- Includes BR Class 221 ‘Super Voyager’ in Virgin Trains Livery
- Includes BR Class 175 ‘Coradia’ in Arriva Trains Wales Livery
- Includes BR Class 158 ‘Express Sprinter’ in Arriva Trains Wales Livery
- 7 Career scenarios
- 2 Railfan Mode scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible
DOWNLOAD/VIEW MANUAL - HERE