Classic 1960s and 1970s-era General Electric “U-Boat” diesel locomotives come to Train Simulator with the Southern Pacific U33C/U30C pack from accomplished developer DTM.
In the 1960s, as America’s diesel builders increased the horsepower and potency of their diesel locomotives, General Electric in 1966 debuted its 3,000-horsepower, six-axle (C-C) U30C as a direct competitor to Electro-Motive’s SD40. Over a decade-long production run, the U30C tallied 600 units built and was purchased by 21 railroads, among which were Southern Pacific and Union Pacific.
Beginning in 1968, GE also introduced a sister model, the 3,300-horsepower U33C, which remained in production through 1975 and gained a dozen customers which ordered a total of 375 locomotives. Southern Pacific, with a roster of 212 U33Cs, was by far the biggest buyer of the 3,300-horsepower U-Boat.
With exceptional attention to accuracy and detail, developer DTM brings both the U30C and U33C to Train Simulator in this pack. Dressed in Southern Pacific’s noted gray and scarlet livery, the U33C is featured in multiple variations, including standard and L-windshield treatment and two types of engineer control stands.
The U30C is provided, as is the U33C, in Southern Pacific’s colors and also is included in Union Pacific’s timeliness yellow, gray, and red livery. A generic gray U33C is also included that’s perfect for enthusiasts wishing to paint their own liveries.
Along with the husky GE U-Boat diesels, this DLC also features a superb assortment of era-appropriate tank cars including DOT Type 111, 11A, and 112 cars in multiple liveries, a unique 89-foot four=trucked tank car behemoth, and SP’s distinctive Tank-Train consists. And the pack provides a Southern Pacific steel cupola caboose in three liveries!
Combined with four career scenarios on the popular Train Simulator Donner Pass route, the General Electric U33C, U30C, and accompanying rolling stock will make for realistic and challenging heavy American freight railroading!
- Southern Pacific General Electric six-axle, 3,300-horsepower U33C locomotive with multiple windshield and control stand versions
- Southern Pacific General Electric U30C diesel locomotive
- Union Pacific General Electric U30C diesel
- General Electric U33C diesel in generic gray livery
- Realistic operating controls, detail features, and sounds
- Five types of tank cars in multiple liveries and including SP’s Tank-Train consists
- Southern Pacific steel cupola caboose in three liveries
- Four career scenarios for the Train Simulator Donner Pass Southern Pacific route
- Quick Drive compatible