Cherry blossom, beautiful forests and stunning mountains await on Union Workshop’s Tadami Line for Train Simulator!
The Tadami Line in Niigata Prefecture, Japan dates back to 1928 when it was originally opened as the Aizu Railway, with extensions finally reaching Tadami, and Aizu-Wakamatsu in the 1940s and 50s. The railway is mostly single-track with passing points at various stations en route, and served by diminutive diesel multiple units such as the Kiha 40.
Various titles have been won by the Tadami Line for its beautiful scenery, which changes colours throughout the year as seasons each leave their mark on the surrounding forests and valleys.
Now available to be experienced in Train Simulator, Union Workshop’s Tadami Line represents the route prior to 2011, when severe rainstorm damage closed the section between Aizu-Kawaguchi and Tadami indefinitely.
- 88 km (54-mile) route from Aizu-Wakamatsu to Tadami
- 28 recreated stations
- Beautiful mountainous scenery
- Includes Kiha 40 DMU in three liveries:
- JNR Orange livery
- Niigata White and Blue livery
- Tohuku White and Green livery
- Authentic cab and controls
- ATS-P and ATS-S safety system functionality
- Detailed cabin view
- 8 Career scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible