Paris-Ile-de-France is a photo-realistic addon produced by France VFR for AFS2. The scenery depicts the city of Paris with its main monuments, its bridges and its suburbs as well as the entire Ile de France region.
The scenery includes coverage of aerial images and high-resolution terrain mesh, thousands of VFR landmarks, aeronautical obstacles and remarkable and buildings, several million buildings and trees and three highly detailed airports.
The new VFR Regional series was designed and developped to provide VFR flight an environment as realistic as possible. It is the result of years of experience and practice in flight simulation and 3D modeling.
"VFR Regional" products embed all enhancements from the new 3DAutomation® technology developed by France VFR. This technology already allows to generate the most realistic and dense environments ever seen. It does not intend to model real world accurately but to create a copy "as real as it gets" on a massive scale. It will evolve to adapt to the needs and new data available.
- Paris-Ile de France region depicted in complete detail.
- Ground textures from 0.25 to 1.00 meter/pixel resolution from IGN aerial photography reworked for an optimal visual rendering.
- Ultra HD mesh 4.75 meters resolution over the entire scenery.
- Obstacles and VFR landmarks modeled on the entire scenery including the official SIA database (antennas, towers, water towers, wind turbines, various constructions ...).
- Thousands of objects and POI buildings integrated into the environment (churches, power plants, silos, castles, industrial tanks, bridges, tolls...).
- Lognes, Saint-Cyr and Toussus airports modeled in great details.
- Charles De Gaulle, Orly and Le Bourget modeled with the main buildings.
- Integration of 3D Automation® technology allowing multi-million buildings and realistic vegetation areas fitting geographic specifications.
- Extremely dense vegetation cultivation from high resolution IGN data.
- Full 3D night lighting on the entire scenery.
- Geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area.