Nottinghamshire Footpath Crossing Shut After Fatal Incident

Nottinghamshire Footpath Crossing Shut After Fatal Incident
Rotating Image

A footpath level crossing in Nottinghamshire has been closed on an emergency basis following a fatal incident earlier this week. Network Rail requested the immediate shutdown of the Chestnut Grove crossing in Burton Joyce, situated on the Nottingham to Lincoln line, and Nottinghamshire County Council has approved the move.

The closure follows a fatality on Wednesday evening, prompting safety concerns and the start of a formal investigation. Network Rail said it is cooperating fully with the Rail Accident Investigation Branch as enquiries continue.

Mark Budden, Network Rail’s route director for the East Midlands, said:

“Our immediate thoughts are with the family and friends that have been affected by this tragic incident. Safety is our top priority and we are fully supporting the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB) as part of their ongoing enquiries.”

The order will remain in place for an initial 21 days while assessments and investigative work continue.

Image: Network Rail


Share