Journey through the American West’s awe-inspiring, rugged, and remote desert scenery while tackling heavy tonnage and daunting grades with the Union Pacific Cane Creek Subdivision route for Train Sim World 2!
Masterfully developed for Train Sim World 2 by Skyhook Games, this new route re-creates Union Pacific’s famed Cane Creek Subdivision, also known as the Cane Creek Branch. Widely renowned for its extraordinary western desert scenery, the Cane Creek Subdivision extends from a connection with Union Pacific’s Green River Subdivision at Brendel, Utah south to Potash, Utah, 35.8 route miles. As created for Train Sim World 2, the route also includes a five-mile section of the Green River Subdivision east from Brendel to Thompson, Utah.
The Cane Creek Subdivision offers heavy-haul, tough American railroading at its best. From Potash to Brendel, the line climbs nearly a thousand feet in elevation over a “roller coaster” profile featuring frequent gradients of 1.2 percent, curves of up to 6 degrees, and a journey through 7,059-foot-long Bootlegger Tunnel. The Cane Creek Branch is a rail line that requires big diesels and lots of horsepower, and you’ll take the throttle of the Union Pacific’s General Electric AC4400CW and Electro-Motive SD40-2 diesels as are included with the route.
By American railroad standards, the Cane Creek Branch is a newcomer, opened in 1962 by Union Pacific predecessor D&RGW to serve a sprawling potash mine facility at Potash. You’ll handle potash line-haul and switching duties, and you’ll also climb aboard Union Pacific’s big six-axle diesels to handle the railroad’s noted “dirty dirt trains” which lug contaminated mine tailings from Moab to Brendel.
Choose how you want to play: Operate trains, ride around as a conductor, complete the route tasks, or simply pick a vantage point and watch the action unfold. Create your own experiences with the Scenario Planner and Livery Designer. Whatever you choose to do, there's lots to see and experience in Train Sim World 2: Cane Creek Subdivision!
- Union Pacific’s ex-D&RGW Cane Creek Subdivision extending from Brendel to Potash, Utah, 35.8 miles, plus the UP mainline from Brendel to Thompson, Utah (five miles).
- Union Pacific General Electric AC4400CW diesel locomotive
- Union Pacific Electro-Motive SD40-2 diesel locomotive
- Rolling stock including two types of covered hoppers, tank cars, and open-top hoppers
- Interactive loading facilities at Potash and Moab
- Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
- Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotives
- Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
- Accessible Training Modules and 12 realistic, engaging scenarios
- Extensive 24-hour Timetable
- A selection of Route Tasks to complete
- Livery Designer and Scenario Planner compatible
- Powered by Dovetail Games’ proprietary SimuGraph® vehicle dynamics engine and Unreal Engine 4® technology